Monday 29 December 2008

World's Strongest Man 2008



For as long as I can remember, watching World's Strongest Man has been a Christmas/New Year viewing tradition. Back in the 80s it was all about Geoff Capes, Bill Kazmaier and the mighty Jón Páll Sigmarsson (God rest his soul).

The 90s saw the rise of Magnús Ver Magnússon and the 2000s saw the meteoric rise of The Dominator, Marius Pudzianowski - the powerhouse from Poland who has won 4 of the last 5 competitions.

I am half Polish by my Grandparents on my Mum's side so I can follow Marius that way. My British nationality has me wanting to support the British guys, especially big Terry Hollands who came an impressive 3rd last year.

Whatever the results, it's bound to be an impressive display of power from the mightiest men on earth - qualifiers start tonight!

No comments: