Thursday 12 February 2009

Brits Breakthrough Act



This year's 'as vote for by Radio One' listeners Breakthrough Act is one of the following five:

Adele - I can't stand her! While I do concede that she has a voice, I find her to be one of the most instantly unlikable people I have ever come across, that I haven't actually met! The sound of one of her songs playing will see me switch stations.

The Last Shadow Puppets - no idea! Maybe I'd recognise their songs if I heard them but as if right now they are not on my radar.

Duffy - really great songs with a fantastic & unique voice. An album I have been meaning to get for a while now.

Scouting For Girls - I have liked every one if their songs that they have released and really should get their album too. Fun lyrics and catchy bouncy tunes, thumbs up.

The Ting Tings - I heard their debut single before they became widely known but couldn't remember what they were called so was unsuccessful in tracking them down. Of course it didn't take long for them to become known by all and Not My Name went on to be one of the songs of 2008. The 2nd single was just as catchy and there is more to this band than meets the eye. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but this is another album I really need to get?

So, 1 I don't like, 1 I don't know and three I really like, who gets my vote? The Tiny Tings - closely edging out Duffy as the band I'd like to hear more of and whose songs I know I like to hear the most.

No comments: