Friday 13 February 2009

Podcasts



If you read back a few posts you'll see me talking about my new phone, the Nokia 5800. I've since discovered that it's awfully good for podcasts, and I now subscribe to quite a few and listen to them in the car to and from work as the phone's speaker is loud enough to use in the car, even on the M25!

My favourite podcast so far is the Stuff.TV podcast which is a geeky/techy podcast about mobile phones, televisions, MP3 players, gadgets and 'stuff'! The subject matter is right up my street and the presenters are pretty fab too. They also gave my new phone a glowing report so extra marks there!

Others I subscribe to are:

Chris Moyles - low brow humour at it's very best and I miss the morning shows now I listen to podcasts instead. Is there some irony there somewhere?

F1 Weekly - only listened to one show so far and it was ok, though being American based the bias was towards their quest to get a Grand Prix in America rather than the upcoming season. May try to find a suitable replacement.

Jonathan Ross - probably the funniest guy on radio and good to have him back. Always has a procession of great guests with whom he engages in lots of witty banter.

Guardian Tech Weekly - more technical musings with lots of web talk and as an eCommerce bod it's most interesting from a professional and personal standpoint.

I also have Stephen Fry and Mark Kermode's podcasts set up to listen to and am always open to some recommendations of podcasts I should listen to. Two that i didn't particularly like are the Adam & Joe and George Lamb podcasts - just didn't click with me. I also tried the Geek Squad podcast but they guy waffled on for so long about not a lot that I decided my life could be better spent on other things and turned it off.

No comments: